Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rememberance..

Abu Hurayra said, "When the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, died and Abu Bakr was khalifa and those of the Arabs who were going to reject rejected, 'Umar said, 'How can we fight people when the Messenger of Allah said, "I am commanded to fight people until they say, 'There is no god but Allah.' Whoever says that, his property and life are protected from me, except when there is a legal right to them, and his reckoning is up to Allah."?' Abu Bakr said, 'By Allah, I will fight anyone who makes a distinction between prayer and zakat! Zakat is the right which is due on wealth. By Allah, if they refuse me a nose-rope which they used to pay to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, I will fight them for refusing it!' 'Umar said, 'By Allah, then I realised that Allah had expanded Abu Bakr's breast in respect of the decision to fight and I recognised that it was the truth." [Agreed upon]

Abu Ayyub reported that a man said to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, "Tell me an action which will ensure my entrance into the Garden." He said, "Worship Allah and do not associate anything else with him. Establish the prayer and pay the zakat and maintain ties of kinship." [Agreed upon]


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone o_Ó

No comments:

Post a Comment