Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nasi ayam ala2 Hainan

Salam again. Today I've successfully cooked a main dish by myself. How to make the dish? Well...First I deal with the chicken, wash them thoroughly and boiled them with some ginger,garlic and a pinch of salt. After 15 minutes, separate the chicken from its stock and put aside. Then stir fry a stick of cinnamon, 3-5 cloves, 2-3 cardamon & a star anise with a 3-5 spoonful of butter@margarine in a rice cooker pot until you can smell the fragrance of the spices. Then add some nicely sliced shallot@pickel onion,ginger and garlic into the pot, caramelize them. Then put your preferred rice(I prefer basmati rice) and a suitable amount of chicken stock into the same pot & cook them.Taste them accordingly. For the chicken, I marinate them with paprika powder, 2-3 spoonful of honey and a tasteful pinch of salt. Then put them into the oven for 15-20 minutes on 200°C(mine is an electrical oven). What a chicken rice without the soup and chili sauce right.. For the soup I've thrown in a finely chopped of a bunch of corriander & adjust the taste with salt. To make the chili sauce, I've cooked blended 10-15 of fresh red & green chilis with 5-9 clove of garlic in a small pot, add in some water, 3-5 spoonful of sugar, a nice and tasteful pinch of salt and a few drops of white vinegar. Cook about 10-20 minutes. For vegies, you can use fresh cucumber and lettuce. Finally, nicely plate them and don't forget to recite a supplication before eat. ô_Õ






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment