Thursday, March 4, 2010

semalam adalah hari kopok lekor..

Yesterday went to Kong's and grabbed a pack of Indian Mackerel aka ikan kembong & a pack of sogu flour( tepung sagu jenama sogu). As soon as I arrived at my kitchen, without hesitant I defrozed the 7 fortunate IM and sketching a plan of my modified fish sausage recipe. Hehehehehe. Then I took out my largest knife ever in my kitchen and started the smelly fishy IM work. Pergh! the smell is a pure odour of defroze frozen fish! Lovely! Luckily I got blocked nose and I wanted to keep my congested nose to decongested till the end of my work. After stripping the skin of IM out, I removed the big bones and letting the small bones of the fish to stay with its beloved muscle aka fish meat. Why? I wanted to feel the pricking sensation of fish bone on my tongue.LOL. Actually, I was in lazy mode on that time. After fishy work including few times manual washing without washing machine like Japanese fish experts who use a washing machine step to neutralize the toxic of poisonous deadly delicious fish, which if the inexperienced people prepare the fish to eat, it will cause absolute death to the eater. So I excluded the washing machine step because of no washing machine inside my house and the IM is well known non-toxic and harmless fish. Then mince or blend the fish to a smaller minute texture..hmmm...I put 2 and half tea spoonful of salt which is equal to 12.5g of table sea salt into the blended fish and mixed them well.























For the flour, I used 2 type of flour, which are sogu flour and tapioca starch flour.The proportion of the fish, sogu flour and tapioca starch flour is 6-7 fish: 300g : 90g. We can modify the ratio as I was following my modified fush sausage recipe. Mix the flour and fish well, add some water and make them doughy like, not too soft, not too firm, not too hard in consistency. Then shape the mixture to whatever shape u want, but I transformed my mixture into nice short shape like sausage and put them in hot boiling water. Wait for few minutes until the sausages floating indicate they are already cooked. cool down a bit and nah! dah siap!







p/s: sealed in plastic wrap in chiller









Subhanallah! Sedap! Alhamdulillah! Yum Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment